Ms. Huang Qiu-gui - Paragons of Love in Animal Protection
Ms. Huang Qiu-gui has adopted over a hundred homeless dogs over the past 20 years in Sinying, Tainan County.
On behalf of Master, members from The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association went to visit the 67-year-old Ms. Huang to present her with the Award plaque, Master's books and DVDs, a fruit basket and vegetarian dog food, to commend her selfless care for our beautiful animal friends. Ms. Huang said, "Dogs are the most loyal and understanding friends of humans. I think of them as my own children, spending each day in their company. Although it is an arduous task taking care of them, I have received abundant love from them in return." Ms. Huang's charitable action shows that even though an individual might have limited resources, we can still bring great benefit to sentient beings and set a shining example for the world if we do it wholeheartedly.
- Ms. Salima Kadaoui and SFT Animal Sanctuary
- A Courageous Advocate for World Peace and a Humanitarian Activist - Mr. Keith McHenry
- Oliver Edwards, A Young Boy with a Big Heart
- Mr. Ali Al Ghamdi of Saudi Arabia Receives Shining World Compassion Award
- Protecing Wild and Companion Animals – Ms. Carla Cornella of the FAADA
- Humane Society International Receives Shining World Award
- A Torchbearer for Children – Daniel Bissonnette Promotes a Vegan World
- Thanuwana Serasinghe, World’s Youngest Health Food Author
- Bringing Bright Hope to People with Homemade Teddy Bears– Campbell Remess
- Youth Activist Organization, Animal Hero Kids, Receives Shining World Compassion