Ushi Isozaki - An Aging Dog Honored for Chivalry
This wonderful story unfolded on a frigid winter day in Tokyo, Japan when an aging dog befriended a 73-year-old woman who had lost her way. The elderly woman was found a day later in a park three miles from her home, holding onto the dog who had stayed by her side to keep her warm in the freezing weather.
To honor Ushi Isozaki for his heroic deed, members of The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association in Japan made a special trip to his home in Hitachinaka City, Ibaraki Prefecture, on June 15, Golden Year 5 (2008). Ushi's human companion, Mrs. Isozaki was surprised by our visit but graciously accepted the Shining World Hero Award and Happy Doggie food and other gifts on behalf of Ushi. He was also delighted to receive the recently published Japanese edition of The Dogs in My Life. Ushi, who had to cut short his walk to meet us, greeted us with a gentle but expectant look as if he had anticipated our visit.
- Purépecha People of Cherán, Mexico, Courageously Protect the Environment
- “Hope For Wildlife” Honored In Shining World Compassion Award Ceremony
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Mr. John Byrne - A Righteous Rabbit Rescue
- Award Day Honors Blessed Abode For Exotic Birds
- SASHA Farm - A Most Welcome Place For Farm Animals
- Mama Rosy of Mexico – Always by the Children’s Side
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy