Evie - An Angel without Wings
In February Golden Year 5 (2008), a fire broke out at McFarlanes Rescue Center in Bedfordshire, UK. Evie, a rescued dog that was taken in by the family who runs the center, alerted the owners at 2:30am and thus saved many of the animals who were in the shelters that night. Her 15-year-old caretaker Raven said, "Evie came and woke us by barking and when we got to the fire, she was busy chasing the chickens, pigs and goats from their shelters. Later she went around the paddocks checking to see if all of her animal friends were alright."
A few weeks following the fire, our Association members from the Surrey Center went to McFarlanes and contributed £1,150 to help them rebuild the shelters. In May, they returned there to present the Shining World Hero Award to Evie on behalf of Supreme Master Ching Hai. Evie blissfully lay on her beautiful Happy Doggie bed, chewed on the vegetarian green bones given by Master, and looked very proud as she went around the yard showing everyone her specially made Hero jacket. What a privilege it is to have beautiful animal companions like Evie in our lives!
- Purépecha People of Cherán, Mexico, Courageously Protect the Environment
- “Hope For Wildlife” Honored In Shining World Compassion Award Ceremony
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Mr. John Byrne - A Righteous Rabbit Rescue
- Award Day Honors Blessed Abode For Exotic Birds
- SASHA Farm - A Most Welcome Place For Farm Animals
- Mama Rosy of Mexico – Always by the Children’s Side
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy