The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Shines As a Beacon of Peace
The reputation of Norway as an international peacemaker has spread around the world since the historic 1993 Oslo Accords between Israel and Palestine, followed by a peace settlement for Guatemala. Norway has now facilitated the first high-level talks in three years between the opposition group of Tamil Tigers and the government of Sri Lanka. Norway is also playing a vital role in peace efforts in the Sudan. Norway's exemplary role in these worldwide peace negotiations shines as a ray of hope for any nation in conflict and sends a clear message to the world that all nations can join actively in the cause for peace, no matter how distant the conflict may be.
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- South Africa – Protecting the Seals
- Compassionate Leaders, Illuminating Policies - Governor Pat Quinn
- New Regulation Enhances Animal Protection - Minister Stan Struthers
- Mr. Josep Rull, Member of Parliament in Catalonia, Spain - Governments Defending the Animals
- Compassionate Leaders, Illuminating Policies - H. E. José Ramos-Horta President of the Democratic
- Northern Ireland Ends Hare Coursing - Mr. Roy Beggs Jr.
- Honoring a Wise President of the Philippines, Mrs. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
- Congressman Filho - A Voice for the Voiceless
- Jordan Ban Smoking in Public Places - Minister of Health, Dr. Nayef Al-Fayez