Hospital Promotes Nutritious Vegan Diet - Ms. Chang Huang-yu
On February 5, Golden Year 6 (2009), on behalf of Supreme Master Ching Hai, our Association members presented the Shining World Compassion Award to Ms. Chang Huang-yu, director of Keelung Hospital’s Nutrition Department, for her loving endeavor of taking the lead with her team of dieticians in promoting the vegetarian diet and carbon reduction at the hospital.
An expert dietitian, Ms. Chang held culinary competitions in the hospital and provided guidance to chefs at other hospitals in preparing delectable animal-free, plant-based meals. Ms. Chang said with great humility that it is her obligation to promote a healthy diet. It is also the dietitian group’s goal to advise the public on eating safe and nutritious food. She was very grateful to Supreme Master Ching Hai for Her encouragement, and also thanked Dr. Wu Bo-bin, former director of Keelung’s Health Bureau, for accompanying our Association members to the Award ceremony at Keelung Hospital. Having been a vegetarian for over 50 years, Dr. Wu has been promoting the diet for many years. He strongly supports Master’s appeal to “Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet” and has so far held more than 50 lectures to spread this message around Formosa. Dr. Wu encourages all of us to persist in our endeavor to save the planet!
- Purépecha People of Cherán, Mexico, Courageously Protect the Environment
- “Hope For Wildlife” Honored In Shining World Compassion Award Ceremony
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Mr. John Byrne - A Righteous Rabbit Rescue
- Award Day Honors Blessed Abode For Exotic Birds
- SASHA Farm - A Most Welcome Place For Farm Animals
- Mama Rosy of Mexico – Always by the Children’s Side
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy