Miss Chantal McGowan - The Love and Courage of a Sister
In February of Golden Year 6 (2009), Supreme Master Ching Hai rewarded the bravery and unconditional love of Miss Chantal McGowan with the Shining World Heroine Award. Fifteen-year-old Chantal was at home when a fire broke out in the kitchen, setting the fire alarms off. Her first thought, without care for her own safety, was to rescue her three-year-old sister, Savanha, who was upstairs. Paramedics rushed Chantal to the hospital where she received treatment for smoke inhalation and praised Chantal saying, “She kept calm and acted decisively in what must have been a scary situation and ensured both she and her sister were safe.”
Supreme Master Ching Hai also gave Chantal US$1,000 and US$2,000 to her family. Chantal wrote a touching letter to Master, expressing her own and her mother Tina’s gratitude and appreciation for the “beautiful” Award, and all the gifts they have received. She said, “The books are fantastic, as well as me my sister loves The Birds in My Life and The Dogs in my Life…personally my favorite has to be Pebbles and Gold as the poems are so beautiful… Also the CD is lovely and I love it because it is so relaxing and I love world music as I am an operatic soprano singer.” She added that Master’s financial contribution has really helped her out with buying stuff for school and replaced things lost to the fire.
We wish the brave and loving Chantal all the very best for the future and may God bless her always.
- Purépecha People of Cherán, Mexico, Courageously Protect the Environment
- “Hope For Wildlife” Honored In Shining World Compassion Award Ceremony
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Mr. John Byrne - A Righteous Rabbit Rescue
- Award Day Honors Blessed Abode For Exotic Birds
- SASHA Farm - A Most Welcome Place For Farm Animals
- Mama Rosy of Mexico – Always by the Children’s Side
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy