Jimmy Luis - The Heroic Spirit Lives On
Jimmy Luis, a loving husband and a father of four, left a legacy of compassion and courage for his family and the public at large. On the night of January 11, 2009, a fire broke out beside his house. Without a thought for his own safety, Jimmy immediately rushed out to warn his neighbors and upon returning saw his own house had caught fire! He braved the flames, rushing in again and again to rescue his wife and children. When he went in for the last time to rescue his 12-year-old son, he failed to return. The fire destroyed 20 houses in total and left 250 people homeless. Jimmy had sacrificed his life for his loved ones and selflessly saved the lives of his neighbors.
In memory of his courageous actions, Jimmy was rightly honored with the Shining World Hero Award from Supreme Master Ching Hai, presented on February 16 at the Public Recreation Hall of Tondo Sports Complex in Divisoria, Manila. Mrs. Arlene Luis, who accepted the Award from our Association members for her husband, was deeply touched to see that Jimmy’s courageous deeds had been recognized. She was grateful that, through Jimmy, the Supreme Master had been introduced into her life and understood her needs, sending her many gifts and a US$2,000 check to help her get through her deep loss. Arlene also thanked Supreme Master Ching Hai for Her unconditional love and support for her family and mankind as a whole.
- Purépecha People of Cherán, Mexico, Courageously Protect the Environment
- “Hope For Wildlife” Honored In Shining World Compassion Award Ceremony
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Mr. John Byrne - A Righteous Rabbit Rescue
- Award Day Honors Blessed Abode For Exotic Birds
- SASHA Farm - A Most Welcome Place For Farm Animals
- Mama Rosy of Mexico – Always by the Children’s Side
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy