Father Thomas Remedios Fernandes - Valiant Sacrifice of Ones Life to Save Others
Father Fernandes’ funeral mass was held on June 6. Upon learning of this unfortunate incident, Supreme Master Ching Hai expressed Her heartfelt condolences and asked our Association members to attend the funeral. She also honored Father Fernandes with the Shinning World Hero Award and offered a US$3,000 monetary contribution to help with any necessary expenses.
Our Association member presents some of
Master’s publications to Father Fernandes’ family.
Father Fernando, who works in the same parish, accepted the Award on behalf of the deceased Father Fernandes. He also conveyed his deep gratitude to Supreme Master Ching Hai for Her contribution to humanity and for Her loving concern towards Father Fernandes. The Fernandes family members also extended their sincere appreciation to Master and prayed for God to bless Her for Her compassionate endeavors.
Supreme Master Television conducted an interview with friends and family, who all stated how profoundly touched they were by Father Fernandes’ boundless love. When he was alive, he always tried his best to assist the needy both materially and spiritually. He especially spent more time with the young parishioners, guiding them on the correct path when they were confused and in need of help. Father Fernandes’ motto was: “Love your enemies more than you love yourself.”
Though Father Fernandes is no longer with us, his shining example of love and bravery will continue to inspire people for a long time to come.
Receipt from Father Fernandes’
mother for the US$3,000 contribution
- Purépecha People of Cherán, Mexico, Courageously Protect the Environment
- “Hope For Wildlife” Honored In Shining World Compassion Award Ceremony
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Mr. John Byrne - A Righteous Rabbit Rescue
- Award Day Honors Blessed Abode For Exotic Birds
- SASHA Farm - A Most Welcome Place For Farm Animals
- Mama Rosy of Mexico – Always by the Children’s Side
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy