New Regulation Enhances Animal Protection - Minister Stan Struthers
On September 20, Golden Year 7 (2010), in Canada, Manitoba’s Agriculture Minister Stan Struthers announced new regulations in the Legislature for the Animal Care Act. The new amendment to the province’s animal cruelty law, which took effect immediately, expands licensing regulations for dog and cat breeders, kennels and pet shops, and increases maximum fines and sentences for offenders.
The new rules not only give animal-protection officers more power to take immediate action to prevent harm, or to seize animals they consider to be abused or abandoned, but also an expanded veterinarians’ role in animal protection by requiring them to report suspected cases of animal abuse or neglect.
In recognition of Mr. Stan Struthers’ outstanding, courageous efforts to protect our animal friends, Supreme Master Ching Hai honored him with the Shining World Leadership Award. She expressed in the Award letter, “As a species, humanity is now reaching for the highest levels of nobility and virtue, and it is to your great credit, noble Sir, that your Ministry is part of this swelling tide of all things positive.”
We thank the courageous and compassionate governments of Northern Ireland and Canada for taking a stand on behalf of the welfare of the animals. Blessed be all such legislation in protecting our cherished co-inhabitants so they may continue to grace our Earth with their presence.
- Purépecha People of Cherán, Mexico, Courageously Protect the Environment
- “Hope For Wildlife” Honored In Shining World Compassion Award Ceremony
- President of the European Council, His Excellency Herman Achille Van Rompuy
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Mr. John Byrne - A Righteous Rabbit Rescue
- Award Day Honors Blessed Abode For Exotic Birds
- SASHA Farm - A Most Welcome Place For Farm Animals
- Mama Rosy of Mexico – Always by the Children’s Side
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy