Syrian Teenager Builds School For Refugees, Honoured with Awards
The International Children’s Peace Prize was established in 2005 by the Netherlands-based KidsRights Foundation, which is committed to offering support for as well as empowering vulnerable children worldwide. Expressing his passion for the project, Mohamad said, “This is not just about teaching reading and writing, but giving young refugees a safe space to express themselves.” He also shared, “I felt happy to be not just a teacher, but a friend, and we became a family, we are stronger together.”
Hearing about Mohamad’s outstanding work for refugee children, Supreme Master Ching Hai decided to honour him with the Shining World Hero Award and US$20,000 to help further the children’s education in the camp. The award letter is shown below.
On March 10, 2018, a group of our Swedish and English Association members travelled to meet with Mohamad and his father, and presented him with the Shining World Hero Award. Mohamad’s father was very happy to welcome us into his home and gracefully prepared some vegan food. Mohamad is also a young enthusiastic filmmaker and was eager to share footage of his school.
Our warm congratulations, Mohamad Al Jounde, for your International Children’s Peace Prize and Shining World Hero Award. May your school be blessed with much success in bringing precious education to the students and act as an inspiration for many others to follow.
- Syrian Teenager Builds School For Refugees, Honoured with Awards
- Courageous Man Saves Girl In Well
- Canine Luna: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Ryan Curtis: The Humble Valor of a Boy
- Mr. Hector Osvaldo Gonzalez & Mr. Osvaldo Alejandro Gomez - Two Chilean Men, One Family, Many Grateful Lives
- Canine Hero: Saving Families via Intuition and Intelligence
- Warriors for Freedom of the Press
- Jake - Models of Bravery, Loyalty, and Devotion
- Dotty the Daring Donkey
- Lady and Milly - Noble Exemplars of Devotion and Love