Mr. Lin Sung-bo - Lottery-Shop Owner Sets Charitable Example
On March 15, Golden Year 5 (2008), members of The Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association presented the Shining World Compassion Award, on behalf of Supreme Master Ching Hai, to Mr. Lin Sung-bo at his Xiyue Lottery Shop in Taichung, commending him for his sincere contributions to society and noble actions in caring for the less fortunate.
Last December, a jackpot-winning ticket was sold at Mr. Lin's lottery shop. Soon after, the winner donated part of the prize money to charity and presented a gift of NT$60,000 (about US$2,000) to Mr. Lin. Inspired by this charitable act, Mr. Lin decided to donate the cash gift along with another NT$40,000, a total of NT$100,000, to a group called the Taichung Family Helper to benefit children in less-fortunate families.
Mr. Lin Sung-bo humbly said that what he had done was truly insignificant, and he was amazed to be the focus of media attention. He hopes that his action will inspire more people to show their compassion and contribute more to benefit the public, so that society will become more harmonious.
- Ms. Salima Kadaoui and SFT Animal Sanctuary
- A Courageous Advocate for World Peace and a Humanitarian Activist - Mr. Keith McHenry
- Oliver Edwards, A Young Boy with a Big Heart
- Mr. Ali Al Ghamdi of Saudi Arabia Receives Shining World Compassion Award
- Protecing Wild and Companion Animals – Ms. Carla Cornella of the FAADA
- Humane Society International Receives Shining World Award
- A Torchbearer for Children – Daniel Bissonnette Promotes a Vegan World
- Thanuwana Serasinghe, World’s Youngest Health Food Author
- Bringing Bright Hope to People with Homemade Teddy Bears– Campbell Remess
- Youth Activist Organization, Animal Hero Kids, Receives Shining World Compassion